“All Thai children benefit from a high-quality early childhood development program”.
“Pilot innovative projects for teacher training and coaching and engagement of parents and communities that are focused on children’s empowerment”
“Support local authorities and other stakeholders in replicating, scaling up and sustaining such projects across the country’s 19,000 ECD centers”
“Facilitate engagement of and interaction among key stakeholders in ECD at national and local levels to promote sustainability and increase public awareness of its critical importance”
· Professional excellence
· Innovative thinking
· Trust and partnership
· Transparency and accountability
· Open communications and teamwork
· Deep respect for local context and customs
The heart of DNP is to supporting teachers to reach their full potential so they can in turn stimulate quality learning in the little ones..
The activities of the Foundation build on the results of a very successful pilot project for early childhood development carried out in Surin between 2014 and 2018. The objectives of the project were:
- Capacity building of teachers and caretakers to implement a high quality integrated early childhood development programme.
- Ensuring that the programme helps develop the potential of all children in an integrated manner (physical, intellectual, social and emotional development).
- Contributing to the sustainability of the programme by working with all concerned stakeholders (teachers/caretakers, parents/grandparents, education committees and tambon and provincial officials) to enhance their effectiveness in monitoring and managing the centers.
For more details please see the progress reports.
Donraed Early Childhood Development
This project supports the development of children’s life skills through literature at Watchaisria-Ard Early Childhood Learning Center, Donraed subdistrict, Surin, Thailand.
Khun Supakit Simuan
Personal Fitness Trainer and Yoga instructor; was born in Donraed, Surin and was the originator of the pilot project
Khun Ian Porter
Development Economist; spent most of his career at the World Bank where his last position was Country Director for SE Asia, based in Bangkok
Khun Parinya Wansuk
Deceased; worked for many years as a driver for foreign families living in Bangkok and most recently for the Porter family
Khun Nitaya Chatnantawej
Resource Management Specialist at the World Bank Office in Sydney; previously worked with the World Bank Office in Bangkok and with the Bangkok offices of other international organizations
Get In Touch or Visit Us
52/30 Sukhumvit Soi 24, Bangkok 10110